Monday, October 8, 2007

Harry on the Farm (UPDATED)

Today is Columbus Day. I can't believe we celebrate some Spanish dude's misadventures but I'll gladly take the day off. The family got together with Brad, Stefanie, and Amelia and headed off to Larriland Farm. Harry saw a goat...



but I think he suspected it wasn't exactly a wild animal when he saw the purple collar.



The pumpkin patch was fun, though again it appears these "farms" are a little suspect. Sure there were pumpkin vines, with big pumpkin leaves, and yellow pumpkin flowers but... shouldn't the pumpkins be attached to the vines? Precut pumpkins. At least it wasn't a bunch of pies out in the field.























Being a dad is rough work, especially when Al Gore is probably somewhere shaking his head and shedding that one fake Indian tear over the ridiculously high temperatures. "When will we ever learn to live like cavemen again, cavemen WITHOUT fire?"
























Not soon enough Al, not soon enough.

EDIT: It's the Indian that is fake. For all I know the Italian-American gentleman was truly upset about littering.

UPDATE 2: The tear was fake too. I guess that's why they call them actors.

UPDATE 3: The most recent Nobel Peace Prize winner - "The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity. It is also our greatest opportunity to lift global consciousness to a higher level." Can you even say that without a glycerin tear running down your cheek? I tried, but couldn't make it past the first comma.

I would also like to thank Al for raising the bar for the rest of us that use Powerpoint at work. Now, if I don't receive a Nobel Prize for my slides, I'm a failure.

1 comment:

Chris said...

October 8th? Come on we need some new pictures Dave!