Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Eleanor goes to France



Actually, she isn't ever going to France, and I'll tell you why. I saw the movie Taken recently. Liam Neeson has shown me the requisite skills I must have before sending my daughter to France and it looks like I have a long road ahead of me. Pistols, Krav Maga, counter intelligence training, offensive driving... all these skills are required before a loving father can even think about sending a loved one to that dank, fragrant, art-filled deathtrap.

Now some liberals in this country would have you believe that France, with Paris in particular, is a wonderful place full of culture and food and whatnot. We also know it's full of stereotypical Frenchmen. (Hence the stereotype.) You know the fellow, kind of dirty but endearing, with that cute little accent that makes your foolish daughter swoon. Well, just as every father suspected, he's pure evil and only fit to act as a speed bump for one of the fine examples of European public transportation.

Seriously, all fathers must see this movie. After all, if Liam Neeson can do it, so can you.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I have never actually seen Taken. Isn't that crazy?