Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Biannual Update

So yeah, it's been a while. My birthday came and went, Harry had another Gotcha Day and Eleanor is nearing her second birthday.

So what would rouse me from my long absence in blogging?

A Swiss G11 I guess.



Isn't she a beauty? 52 inches of Swiss precision crafted by watchmakers in 1913. She features the original Schmidt-Rubin straight pull action that was later perfected in the K31 and fires the same 7.5x55mm Swiss ammo.

I got my first chance to take her out at the NRA indoor range in Fairfax. Her full-throated voice was quite fetching compared to the shrill barks of the common assault rifles that shared the room. Anyway, she is as accurate as I expected, with a crisp two stage trigger and plenty of barrel to sight down. She is slimmer than the K31 too and fit my hand quite a bit better.

But then she fell into the arms of another. Why, she was actually passed around. And is that some Russian harlot?



She needs a name so comment away.

No comments: